Skip to content
Structural Reform undertaken in Agriculture Sector
- Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020
- Farmers’ Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020
- Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement of Price Assurance and Farm Services Act, 2020
Structural Reform undertaken in Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
- New MSME definition on the basis of investment limit and turnover size covering around 99% of all firms empowering MSMEs to grow in volume and create employment.
- Elimination of artificial separation between manufacturing and service MSMEs as they will be defined likewise.
Structural Reform undertaken in Labour Sector
- Enactment of four labour codes namely,
- Wage Code,
- Industrial Relations Code, 2020,
- Code on Occupational Safety, Health & Working Conditions Code, 2020
- Social Security Code, 2020
- ‘One labour return, One Licence and One Registration’ to bring ease of doing business in India.
Structural Reform undertaken in Power Sector
- Tariff Policy Reform:
- DISCOM incapability not to burden consumers,
- Gradual reduction in cross-subsidies,
- Time-bound grant of open access, etc.
- Privatization of Power Distribution business in UTs with an aim to improving private sector investment in power distribution companies (DISCOM)
Structural Reform undertaken in Mineral Sector
- Institution of a seamless composite exploration-cum-mining-cum-production regime
- Transparent auction of mining blocks
- The distinction between captive (self-use) and merchant (commercial sale) mines has been eliminated by amending the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957
- Commercial Mining in Coal Sector to promote ease of doing business.
- Amendment to Stamp Act, 1899 to bring uniformity and affordability of the stamp duty on securities across States