Child Development Project Officer (Preliminary) Competition Examination notification is out. Online applications are invited in the prescribed form from qualified Indian candidates for appointment to a total of 55 vacant posts of Child Development Project Officer (CDPO) under the Social Welfare Department, Bihar.
Detailed guidelines for filling online applications are displayed on the Bihar Public Service Commission website www.bpsc.bih.nic.in.
Table of Contents
The following is the break-up of these vacant 55 posts:
|Sr.No.||Category||Total number of posts||As a result of 35% horizontal reservation, number of women out of total posts|
|2.||Economically Weaker Section||05||02|
|5.||Extremely Backward Classes||11||04|
|7.||Backward Classes Women||02||–|
- 1 seat reserved for grandson / grand-daughter / grandson of freedom fighters of the state.
- 2 seats reserved for persons with disabilities.
Pay Scale of CDPO
The pay scale of CDPO is Rupees 53100-167800 (Level-9).
Educational Qualification required for CDPO
Graduate Degree from a recognized University is minimum educational qualification required for CDPO.
Age Limit for CDPO exam
- As of 1st Augst 2021, candidate age should be minimum of 21 years, and
- Maximum unreserved (male) – 37 years, backward class, extremely backward class, backward class women and unreserved women – 40 years and scheduled castes and scheduled tribes (men and women). – 42 years.
Selection Process of CDPO exam
The final selection of candidates will be done on the basis of the preliminary examination, main examination, and interview, whose structure will be as follows:
|Sr. No.||Exam||Subject||Marks||Nature of examination|
|1.||Preliminary examination||General Knowledge – 1 Paper||150 marks (2:00 hours)||Objective|
|2.||Mains examination||Compulsory subjects General Hindi General Studies Paper-1 General Studies Paper-2 |
Optional Subject Home Science Psychology Sociology Labour and Social Welfare (Selection of any one of these subject)
|100 Marks (3:00 hours) 300 Marks (3:00 hours) 300 Marks (3:00 hours) 300 Marks (3:00 hours)||Subjective|
It will be compulsory to qualify with 40% for general category candidates, 36.5% for backward class candidates, 34% for extremely backward classes and 32% for SC / ST, women and disabled (handicapped) candidates.
While applying for preliminary examination, it will be mandatory to choose one of the following optional subjects as per your wish for the main examination.
- For General Candidates – Rs 600 /-
- For the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes of the State of Bihar – only Rs.150 /-
- For all (reserved/unreserved) female candidates, permanent residents of the state of Bihar – Rs.150 /
- For differently-abled candidates (40% or more) – Rs.150 /-
- For all other candidates – Rs.600 /
In addition to the above examination fee, the candidate will also have to pay the prescribed charge by various banks, which will be automatically taken as bank charge by the bank in order of online payment.
Notified amount will not be returned as application fee along with the application.