What is Culture?
Culture is nothing but the thoughts and behavior of people that is influenced by values, beliefs, customs, habits and etc.
Composite Culture Of India
- Indian culture is never about assimilation, but it is about Accommodation.
- It is a synthesis of many cultures.
- Indian culture is not Hindu culture, rather a composite culture that finds continuity from past till present.
Features of Composite Culture
- Unity in Diversity
- Sustainable development
- Emphasis on duty/dharma “Satyam Shivam Sundaram”
- Theory of Karma – Karmayoga – foundation for happiness
- Impact of Islam
- Impact of British rule – Westernization