Table of Contents
Following are some of the important floral groups found in India
- It is Autotrophic
- It possesses chlorophyll.
- It is green non-differentiated plant.
- Usually grow in water
- freshwater – green/blue color
- Marine water – red/brown color.
- Fungi are non-greens non-differentiated plant.
- It has a total absence of chlorophyll.
- Maximum diversity of fungi in India are found in Western Ghats, Eastern Himalaya, and Western Himalaya.
- They are non-chlorophyllous micro-organisms
- They are a peculiar combination of algae and fungus.
- Lichens are a group of grayish-green plants, which grow on rocks tree-trunk, deadwood etc.
- Most commonly found in wetlands.
- Rare in rivers and streams
- Lichens are not found in groundwater.
- They are plant bodies, differentiated into small stems and simple leaves, but true roots are absent. For example – Mosses, liverworts and etc.
- They are close seeded plants