Indian Agriculture and Animal Husbandry MCQ with answers
- Who is considered to be the father of the Green Revolution in India? Dr. M. S. Swaminathan is considered to be the father of the Green Revolution in India. He was an Indian geneticist. His full name was Mankombu Sambasivan Swaminathan.
- Which is also known as Shifting cultivation in Northeast India? – Jhum cultivation (slash and burn agriculture) is also known as Shifting cultivation in Northeast India
- In India, rice is cultivated in areas where the annual rainfall is more than 100 cm.
- India is the largest producer and consumer of Pulses.
- Which place does India have in the world in fruit production?- In terms of fruit production India ranks Second. Whereas, China is the largest fruit-producing country in the World.
- When was the first agricultural census done in India?- The first agricultural census in India was done in 1970-71 AD.
- The ICAR-Indian Vegetable Research Institute is located in – Varanasi
- What is the high-yielding variety of IR-20? – Rice.
- Which is the largest peanut-producing state in India?- Gujarat is the largest peanut-producing state in India. It accounts for 40% of Indias peanut-production.
- Which genetically modified crop (GM-Crop) in India has been approved for commercial production? – Bt Cotton (Bacillus thuringiensis Cotton). It was approved by GEAC in 2002.
- When was the Green revolution started in India?- The Green revolution in India started in 1966–67.
- When did the ‘Operation Flood’ program start?- The ‘Operation Flood’ program was started in 1970.
- Who is considered the father of the White Revolution in India?- Dr. Verghese Kurien is considered the father of the White Revolution in India.
- Indias’ ranks among the Asian fisheries producing countries?- In Asia, Indias ranks 2nd among the Asian fisheries-producing countries.
- What is India’s rank in coffee production in the world? India has 7th rank in terms of coffee production in the world. The first rank is occupied by Brazil.
- Which is the world’s largest poppy-producing country in the world?- Afghanistan is the world’s largest poppy-producing country in the world.
- The state of Kerala is known worldwide for its promotion of? – Garam Masala (spices)
- What is the main crop of Uttar Pradesh? – Wheat.
- Which state has the highest production of natural rubber in India?- Kerala has the highest production of natural rubber in India.
- To whom is the Golden Revolution related?- Golden Revolution is related to Horticulture
- Which state of India has the largest percentage of land under Jhoom cultivation?- The Indian state of Nagaland has the largest percentage of land under Jhoom cultivation
- Who announces the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for agricultural produce?- Commission for Agricultural Costs & Prices (CACP) announces the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for agricultural produce.
- Where is the headquarters of the National Commission on Farmers (NCF) located?- The headquarters of the National Commission on Farmers (NCF) located in New Delhi. It was constituted under the chairmanship of Professor M.S. Swaminathan in 2004. Its objective was to fix the issue of farmers’ suicide in India.
- What do you understand by viticulture?- Grape cultivation
HP 15s, 11th Gen Intel Core i3, 8GB RAM/512GB SSD 15.6-inch(39.6 cm) FHD, Micro-Edge, Anti-Glare Display/Alexa Built-in/Win 11/Intel UHD Graphics/Dual Speakers/ MS Office 2021/1.69 Kg
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.