Table of Contents
What is Ramjet and Scramjet engine?
Ramjet and Scramjet engines are jet engines which rely on the forward Momentum and Structural Compression to create pressure instead of the moving components like fan and compression.
What is the main advantage of scramjet engines?
- Simple engine structure – contain no moving parts like fan and etc.
- Very high Engine efficiency
- Speed generated is limited only by temperature and pressure that the engine can tolerate.
- Engine receives the oxidizer from the air itself to combust its fuel.
What is the main disadvantage of scramjet engines?
- Engine does not start operating before reaching Mach 1.
- Low fuel burning efficiency.