EPFO 2021: Here you can download the EPFO Question Paper with Answer Key in PDF format. Below you can find the Answer key and Question Papers for sets A, B, C, and D. Answer keys are compiled by the coaching center.
UPSC EPFO Question Paper with Solution 2021
UPSC EPFO Question Paper & Answer Key 2021 (Unofficial): The EPFO 2021 Exam was conducted on 5th September for candidates who applied for the EPFO Exam 2021 to get shortlisted for the first phase of the recruitment process. There are a total of 421 vacancies that will be filled by EPFO through the EPFO Exam 2021. The selection process for these positions will consist of two phases: Prelims and interviews. On 5th September 2021, the EPFO 2021 exam was held offline in the written mode.
Best Books for UPSC Preparation
UPSC Previous Year Question Bank
NCERT Books Set
Latest Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth
This article contains a complete set of 2021 EPFO Question Papers with Answer Key (Unofficial). Here you can download EPFO Question Papers and Answer Keys of all sets – Set A/B/C/D. The provided answer keys are unofficial and are provided by coaching centers.
According to candidate feedback, the exam was moderately difficult. The exam had no negative marking. Candidates can see the expected EPFO cut off marks here:
Below is the full EPFO 2021 solved question paper
Directions: Each item in this section consists of a sentence with an underlined word followed by four words. Select the option that is nearest in meaning to the underlined word and mark your response in your Answer Sheet accordingly.
1. Today the newspaper is full of carnage and violence.
2. This religious gift, that makes men human, is still alive in Indian souls.
3. It is difficult for us to imagine how much this safety means to everyone.
4. Public service is not merely something that occupies the hours you are doing it , but invades all life and experience and affects them in one way or the other.
5. He was, in the early part of the twentieth century, a staunch nationalist of the liberal fold.
Directions : Each item in this section has a sentence with three underlined parts labelled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any underlined part and indicate your response in the Answer Sheet against the corresponding letter i.e., (a) or (b) or (c). If you find no error, your response should be indicated as (d).
Fill in the Blanks
Directions : Each of the following sentences in this section has a blank space and four words or group of words given after the sentence. Select the word or group of words you consider most appropriate for the blank and indicate your response on the Answer Sheet accordingly.
11. It’s time you went out and _____________ your own living.
12. The elephant fell into a ___________ the hunters had set.
13. The dress isn’t really tight. It’ll ___________ when you’ve worn it.
14. With his back to the old man, he stood at the window, fists clenched, and his shoulders ________ with his choked sobbing.
15. The bereaved mother proudly received the gallantry award ____________ her brave son who had laid down his life in the recent war.
a) In the name of
b) In lieu of
c) On behalf of
d) For the sake of
Directions : Each item in this section consists of a sentence with an underlined word followed by four words . Select the option that is opposite in meaning to the underlined word and mark your response in your Answer Sheet accordingly.
16. She always organises lavish parties on birthdays.
17. The soldier was greatly praised for his valour.
18. These regions are very fertile.
19. Some sick immigrants were detained at the airport .
20. The questions were so elementary that anyone could pass the test .
21. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists:
22. Who is an ‘Adolescent as per the Factories Act, 1948?
(a) Who has completed 15 years of age but is less than 18 years
(b) Who is less than 18 years
(c) Who has completed 14 years of age but is less than 18 years
(d) Who has completed 16 years of age but is less than 18 years
23. What is a controlled industry?
(a) Any industry the control of which by the Union has been declared by any Central Act to be expedient in the public interest
(b) Any industry the control of which by the State has been declared by any State Act to be expedient in the public interest
(c) Any industry the control of which by the Municipal bodies has been declared by any Municipal Rules to be expedient in the public interest
(d) Any industry the control of which by the State has been declared by any Central Act to be expedient in the public interest
24. What is the minimum number of members required for registration of a Trade Union?
(a) 2 members
(b) 3 members
(c) 7 members
(d) 10 members
25. Which of the following disputes is/are considered as trade dispute(s) under the provision of the Trade Union Act, 1926 ?
Any dispute of any person connected with
3. Conditions of Labour
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1, 2 and 3
(d) 1 and 3 only
26. Which one of the following is not a language translator ?
27. Which one of the following statements is correct?
A device driver of output devices
(a) interprets input provided by users into computer usable form.
(b) interprets computer output into user understandable form.
(c) user inputs into output translates device.
(d) facilitates user to communicate with output device.
28. Which one of the following registers is used to keep track of the next instruction to be executed ?
(a) Memory address register
(b) Memory buffer register
(c) Program counter
(d) Memory data register
29. Which one of the following is not an audio file format?
30. Which one of the following denotes sequential electronic circuit that is used to store 1-bit of information ?
31. Which one of the following does ‘Nirguna Bhakti’ refer to ?
(a) Shaivite form of worship
(b) Vaishnavite form of worship
(c) Incarnation worship
(d) Abstract form of God worship
32. What did Ain-i-Akbari seek to promote within the frontiers of the Mughal State?
(a) Social disharmony influenced by the whims of the nobility
(b) Cessation of the provincial units from central rule
(c) Social harmony with the support of a strong ruling class (c)
(d) Establishment of a rule of rural republics by overthrowing the Mughal suzerainty
33. Gandhiji’s Salt March to Dandi was started from which one of the following places?
(a) Kochrab Ashram
(b) Sabarmati Ashram
(c) Ahmedabad Textile Mill
(d) Ahmedabad Jail
34. Who among the following was not a member of the Socialist group in the Congress Party?
(a) Jayaprakash Narayan
(b) Rajendra Prasad
(c) N.G. Ranga
(d) Narendra Dev
35. Which one of the following not recommended in Macaulay’s 1835 Minute on Education ?
(a) Teaching in English medium
(b) ‘Liberal literary training
(c) Teaching of Western texts alone at higher levels of education
(d) Teaching of both Western and Oriental texts at higher levels of education
36. Which one of the following States will be directly connected with Assam by the proposed bridge between Dhubri and Phulbari over river Brahmaputra?
(a) Arunachal Pradesh
(c) West Bengal
37. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. India is a signatory to the Ramsar Convention.
2. The Ramsar Convention is about wetland conservation.
3. At present there are 76 Ramsar Sites in India.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 2 and 3 only
(b) 1, 2 and 3
(c) 1 only
(d) 1 and 2 only
38. Which one of the following is not an objective under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY)?
(a) Providing subsidies to use fertilizer, high yielding varieties (HYV) and pesticides
(b) To achieve convergence of investments in irrigation at the field level
(c) To expand cultivable area under assured irrigation
(d) Improving on-farm water use efficiency
39. In which one of the following places, was Asia’s first Export Processing Zone (EPZ) set up in 1965 ?
40. Which one of the following is the name of the scheme introduced as a well-targeted system of service delivery to LPG customers ?
41.What is the maximum amount of gratuity payable to the employees under the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 ?
42. What is the maximum number of hours in a week that an adult worker is allowed to work for?
(a) 35 hours
(b) 40 hours
(c) 45 hours
(d) 48 hours
43. What is the maximum period in which the appropriate government shall review and revise the minimum rates of wages under the Minimum Wages Act, 1948?
(a) 2 years
(b) 3 years
(c) 4 years
(d) 5 years
44. Under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, what is the maximum amount that can be deposited during a financial year?
(a) 1.5 lakh –
(b) 1 lakh
(c) 2 lakh
(d) 2.5 lakh
45. What is the minimum and maximum age at which a subscriber can join the Atal Pension Yojana ?
(a) 21 years and 58 years respectively
(b) 18 years and 40 years respectively
(c) 18 years and 50 years respectively
(d) 21 years and 60 years respectively
46. Which one of the following denotes Gross Profit?
(a) Cost of goods sold + Opening stock
(b) Sales less Cost of goods sold
(c) Sales less Purchases
(d) Net profit less Expenses of the period
47. What is the underlying accounting concept that supports no anticipation of profits but provision for all possible losses ?
48. Which one of the following accounting concepts is applied by an entity, when events such as new competitor entering in the market and rift between production and marketing departments are not disclosed in the books of accounts?
(b) Money Measurement
(c) Revenue Recognition
49. Which one of the following concerns prepares Receipts and Payments Account?
(a) Trading concerns
(b) Non-trading concerns
(c) Manufacturing concerns
(d) Companies registered under Companies Act
50. Which one of the following statements is correct about Income and Expenditure Account?
(a) It is a Real Account.
(b) It is a Personal Account.
(c) It is a Nominal Account. –
(d) It is a Representative Personal Account.
51. Who among the following is the author of the book “The Little Book of Encouragement?
(a) Dalai Lama
(b) A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
(c) Ravi Shankar
(d) Jagadish Vasudev
52. Which day has been declared Government of India to be celebrated every year as “Parakram Diwas”?
(a) 23 January
(b) 14 April
(c) 28 May
(d) 25 December
53. A copy of the famous 16th century art work “Salvator Mundi’, which was reportedly stolen, has recently been recovered by the Police in Italy. The painting is attributed to whom among the following?
(a) Vincent van Gogh
(b) Pablo Picasso
(d) Leonardo da Vinci.
54. The Global Firepower Index-2021, a military strength ranking, placed India at which rank?
55. Naomi Osaka won the women’s singles title of the Australian Open Tennis Tournament, 2021. Who among the following was defeated by her in the finals ?
(a) Venus Williams
(b) Jennifer Brady
(c) Serena Williams
(d) Simona Halep
56. The average age of a husband and his wife was 23 years when they were married 5 years ago. The average age of the husband, the wife and their child is 20 years now. How old is the child now?
(a) 9 months
(b) 1 year
(c) 3 years
(d) 4 years
58. 40% of the students in a class are from India and 50% are girls. If 25% of the Indian students are girls, what percentage of non-Indian students are boys?
59. The average weight of 100 students in a class is 46 kg. The average weights of boys and girls are 50 kg and 40 kg respectively. What is the difference between the number of boys and girls?
60. A hollow closed cube of side 10 cm, each weighing 200 gm, is made. This cube is placed in water with a horizontal face. How many cm of its height sinks in water if the density of water is 1 gm per cm?
(a) 1 cm
(b) 1.5 cm
(c) 2 cm
(d) 2.5 cm
61. Which one of the following is not a female reproductive organ in humans?
62. Which one of the following cannot be called “Amphibian of the Plant Kingdom” ?
62. Which one of the following cannot be called “Amphibian of the Plant Kingdom”?
63. Which one of the following is not a consequence of deforestation ?
(a) Increased groundwater table
(b) Decreased biodiversity
(c) Increased soil erosion
(d) Decreased rainfall
64. Which one of the following chromosomes has mismatched pair in a normal human male?
(a) Chromosome number 21
(b) Chromosome number 18
(d) Chromosome number 13
65. The word ‘Vaccine’ has been derived from a Latin word having meaning
(d) Guinea pig
66. Which one of the following statements is true with regard to the image formation by two eyes of a person?
(a) Both the eyes see exactly the same image.
(b) One eye sees half portion of the object.
(c) Both the eyes combine the two images seen by them.
(d) Each eye sees a slightly different image.
67. Which one of the following statements is correct?
Wavelength of microwaves ranges between
(a) infrared waves and radio waves.
(b) visible waves and infrared light.
(c) y-rays and X-rays.
(d) X-rays and visible waves.
68. Which one of the following is the size of hydrogen atom ?
(a) 10-10 m
(b) 10 μm
(c) 10 mm
(d) 1000 Å
69. Which one Which of the following statements regarding force is correct?
(a) A positive force implies attractive nature.
(b) A negative force implies repulsive nature.
(c) A positive force can be both attractive and repulsive in nature.
(d) A negative force implies attractive nature.
70. When a dielectric material is kept in an external electric field, which one of the following phenomena may be realized?
71. Which one of the following substances, when the pH ?
added to water, will not change
72. Which one of the following, on adding to water, will not scatter a beam of light?
(a) Copper sulphate
(b) Chalk powder
73. Which one of the following will not be reduced by metallic zinc ?
74. Who among the following discovered Proton?
(a) J.J. Thomson
(b) E. Goldstein
(c) E. Rutherford
(d) J. Chadwick
75. Consider the following balanced equation :
CO(g) + 2H, (g) → CH,OH (1)
How many moles of CH2OH(l) can be obtained by reacting 2.0 mole of CO (g) with 2.0 mole of H2(g)?
76. Which one of the following pairs of Zonal Railways and their Headquarters is not correctly matched?
(a) Central Nagpur
(b) Eastern – Kolkata
(c) Western – Mumbai
(d) Northern – New Delhi
77. Tri-service contingent of which one of the following countries participated in India’s Republic Day parade in 2021?
78. Which one of the following does not figure in the list of languages in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution of India ?
79. As a routine exercise, Operations “Garam Hawa’ and ‘Sard Hawa’ are conducted by
80. Who among the following was the founder of Swatantra Party ?
(a) C. Rajagopalachari.
(b) Deen Dayal Upadhyaya
(c) Shyama Prasad Mukherjee
(d) Acharya Narendra Dev
81. How many times does the digit 3 appear between 1 and 100 such that the number where 3 appears is not divisible by 3 ?
84. Suppose x and y are two positive numbers such that when x is reduced by 2 and y is increased by 2, the ratio becomes 2:1; and when x is increased by 2 and y is reduced by 2, the ratio becomes 3:1. Which one of the following is equal to x – y ?
85. Let n(> 1) be a composite natural number whose square root is not integer. Consider the following statements:
1. n has a factor which is greater than 1 but less than the square root of n.
2. n has a factor which is greater than the square root of n but less than n.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
86. What is the equivalent decimal value of binary number 101110 ?
87. raw Which one of the following basic operations for converting input data into useful information is not performed by all computers ?
88. Which one of the following memories is extremely fast and acts as a high-speed buffer between the CPU and the main memory?
(c) Flash Memory
(d) Cache Memory
89. Which one of the following is not a web browser?
(a) Internet Explorer
(d) Google Chrome
90. Which one of the following represents 1 GB of information?
(a) 1024 KB
(b) 1024 MB
(c) 1024 TB
(d) 1024 PB
91. Where did Gandhiji put in his first major public appearance after returning from South Africa in 1915 ?
(a) Bombay University
(d) Banaras Hindu University
92. Who among the following is the author of ‘Gandhi as Mahatma’?
(a) Mahadev Desai
(b) Shahid Amin
(c) Louis Fischer
(d) David Arnold
93. Who among the following was the President of the Indian National Congress at the time of independence of India?
(a) Pattabhi Sitaramayya
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Abul Kalam Azad
(d) J.B. Kripalani
94. During 1931, under whose leadership, did a strong Kisan Sabha Movement develop in the Gaya District of Bihar ?
(a) Yadunandan Sharma
(c) Sheetla Sahai
(d) Tilka Manjhi
95. Who produced the Pirpur Report (1938) ?
(a) Muslim League
(b) Unionist Party
(c) Ahrar Party
(d) Indian National Congress
96. Which one of the following facts pertaining to the National Green Tribunal (NGT) is not correct?
(a) The NGT was set up in the year 2010.
(b) Its purpose is to ensure effective and expeditious disposal of cases relating to environmental protection and conservation of forests and other natural resources.
(c) It is bound by the procedure laid down under the Code of Civil Procedure.
(d) It is guided by the principles of natural justice. (d)
97. Which one of the following is the mandate of the Committee on Estimates ?
(a) It reports what economies, improvements in organization, efficiency or administrative reform consistent with the policy underlying the estimates, may be effected.
(b) It scrutinizes appropriation and finance accounts of the Government.
(c) It examines reports of the Comptroller and Auditor General and whether public undertakings are run efficiently.
(d) It examines bills on matters of general public interest.
98. According to the Economic Survey 2020 – 21, which one of the following will be India’s real GDP growth in the year 2021 – 22 ?
99. Which one of the following is the acronym for the word ‘NITI’ in NITI Aayog ?
(a) National Integration and Transformation of India
(b) National Institution for Transforming India
(c) National Institution for Technological India
(d) National Institution for Trust in India
100. Which of the following is not correct description of the Namami Gange Programme ?
(a) It is an initiative of the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
(b) It primarily covers villages in the States of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Odisha.
(c) It aims to make villages on the banks of the river Ganga open defecation-free.
(d) It aims to transform some villages on the banks of the river Ganga as Ganga Grams.
101. Which one of the following is the average of all prime numbers between 21 and 55?
102. If the ratio of speeds of ‘A’ and ‘B’ is 5 : 6 and ‘B’ allows ‘A’ a start of 70 metres in a 1.2 km race, who will win the race and by what distance ?
(a) ‘A’ wins by 30 m.
(b) ‘B’ wins by 200 m.
(c) ‘B’ wins by 130 m.
(d) The race finishes in a dead heat.
103. ‘M’ is 60 years old. ‘R’ is 5 years junior to ‘M’ and 4 years senior to V’. The youngest brother of V’ is ‘B’ and he is 6 years junior to V’. What is the age difference between ‘M’ and ‘B’?
(a) 18 years
(b) 15 years
(c) 13 years
(d) 11 years
104. The English alphabet is reordered in the following manner:
The first 6 letters are written in opposite order, the next 6 letters are written in opposite order and so on. At the end, Y is interchanged with “Z. Which one of the following is the fourth letter to the right of the 13th letter?
106. Which one of the following statements about Trial Balance is correct?
(a) It is a book containing different accounts of an entity.
(b) It is a statement containing balances of debtors of an entity.
(c) It is a statement containing balances of debtors and creditors of an entity.
(d) It is a statement containing the various ledger balances of an entity on a particular date.
107. Wages paid for installation of machinery is debited to which of the following one accounts ?
(a) Wages Account
(b) Machinery Account
(c) Installation Account
(d) Profit and Loss Account
108. When are current liabilities payable?
(a) Within a year
(b) After one year but within five years
(c) Within five years
(d) Subject to a contingency
109. Is the total of Debit and Credit side of Trial Balance the same ?
(a) No, there are some times good reason why they differ.
(b) Yes, always.
(c) Yes, except where the Trial Balance is extracted at the year end.
(d) No, because it is not a Balance Sheet.
110. Which one of the following is the first book in which the transactions of a business unit are recorded?
(a) Balance Sheet
(b) Cash Book
111. Who among the following did not represent the militant nationalist school of thought in India ?
(a) Ashwini Kumar Dutt –
(b) Vishnushastri Chiplunkar
(c) Krishna Kumar Mitra
(d) Lala Lajpat Rai
112. Which one of the following statements about the situation in the Ryotwari areas is correct?
(a) A large amount of land passed into the hands of the money lenders, merchants and rich peasants, who usually utilised the services of the tenants.
(b) Landless labourers became the land owners.
(c) It stopped the practice of leasing out land to tenants at high prices.
(d) Landlordism was totally destroyed. Jou
113. In the year 1911, who among the following formed the Social Service League in Bombay?
(a) G.K. Gokhale
(b) S.A. Dange
(c) N.M. Joshi 1
(d) M.R. Jayakar
114. Who among the following was not part of the group of ‘no-changers’ in the Congress Party ?
(a) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
(b) Dr. Ansari
(c) Babu Rajendra Prasad
(d) Motilal Nehru
115. Who among the following was not a member of the Cabinet Mission ?
(b) Stafford Cripps
(c) A.V. Alexander
(d) Lord Wavell
116. Who among the following is the first player in the history of Test Cricket to take 200 wickets against left-handed batsmen ?
(a) Muttiah Muralitharan
(b) James Michael Anderson
(c) Stuart Broad
(d) Ravichandran Ashwin
117. Who among the following Speakers of Lok Sabha formally disassociated from the political party after his election as the Speaker ?
(a) G.V. Mavalankar
(b) Sardar Hukam Singh
(c) Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
(d) P.A. Sangma
118. UNESCO has been observing February 21 as the International Mother Language Day since 2000. The idea to celebrate the International Mother Language Day was the initiative of which of the following nations?
(a) Sri Lanka
119. Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was recently selected as the first woman Director-General of WTO. She hails from which one of the following countries?
120. The Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project will connect India with which one of the following countries?
How many questions asked in EPFO 2021 exam?
In EPFO 2021 exam there were total 120 questions asked.
What was the difficulty level of EPFO exam 2021?
The difficulty level of exam was ranging from easy to moderate. However, some sections like accountancy and science were tough for other background students.
How to download the previous year UPSC EPFO question paper?
What will be Cut-Off Marks for UPSC EPFO 2021 Exam?
On the basis of review taken from various coaching institutions, the expected Cut-Off Marks for UPSC EPFO 2021 Exam is given below:
A). General – 163-176
B). EWS – 153-163
C). OBC – 140-155
D). SC – 133-143
E). ST – 120-130